“Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Sundays @ 10am
10290 Neighbors Parkway, Firestone, CO, 80504
Worship @ CVL
- More Joy than Guilt
- More for All People than for Church People
- More Blended than Contemporary or Traditional
- More for All Ages than for One Age
- More Spiritual Recharge than Swallowing Medicine
- More Authenticity than Marketing
WHAT TO EXPECT
- What does worship look, sound and feel like? At CVL we aim for balance and excellence in what we do. We honor the past and Christians who have come before us through the use of liturgy, creeds, and confession of sins...but we also use our Christian freedom incorporating Christ centered creativity and variations. Musically we are blended in style incorporating contemporary songs as well as beautifully worded hymns. Piano, guitar, drums, the occasional steel pan and any other instrument our members wish to use all aimed at praising God. But most importantly everything in worship revolves around Jesus, His Love, His, Freedom, His Forgiveness.
- What should I wear? Something...but anything you feel comfortable in. More important than what to wear is that you are there.
- Who is worship for? In short everyone. For the sceptic...the disillusioned...the curious...the brand new...the long time believer...those with grey hair...no hair...long hair...kids...elderly...democrat...republican...blue collar...white collar...men...women...single...married...divorced...you get the picture.
- What do you have for kids? We strive for intergenerational worship which is why at least once a month is "family" Sunday where everyone worships together. With that said we recognize that a 5 year old learns at a little different level and speed than a 35 year old. That's why every service has a Children's Lesson just for kids. After the Children's Lesson kids through 5th grade are dismissed and invited to learn more from our experienced teachers in our Carbon Kids program.
- Do you Baptize babies? Yes we do for member and non member alike. Jesus himself said; "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matt 28:19,20. Baptism washes away sins, forgives and gives us new life as children of God. Want your child baptized? Contact Pastor Tim (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he'd be happy to give you the details.